Dave and Ollie recently visited the home of Selden Research who manufacturer the chemicals we have sold since the inception of Source Supplies. Having grown with the support of Selden, we thought it was high time that we got to know a bit more about how the chemicals we love are produced.
Nestled in a picturesque valley in Buxton, this is where it all happens; from conception in the lab through to warehousing and loading the lorries for distribution across the world.
Some facts to get things started;
- Selden is only 1 of 2 chemical manufacturers in the UK to have their own in-house laboratory and team of chemists
- Selden produces 40 million litres of cleaning chemical each year
- Selden employs circa 140 people
- Selden was started by the Woodhead family in 1968 and is remains a family run business today
- Selden factory is currently 73,000 sq ft with an additional 24,000 sq ft facility for training and testing
- 1500 sq ft of roof space is used for solar energy with a £250,000 investment in pollution-free electricity
- Selden is ISO9001 & ISO14001 accredited
- Selden have a IPPC permit – The Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control Directive (IPPC) to minimise air, land and wateremissions is enforced by the Environment Agency. An IPPC permit is the single highest environmental accreditation for manufacturers and stipulates a strict minimum level of environmental protection across all aspects of manufacturing
- Selden invested over £1m in a bulk storage tank farm enabling them to receive over 6 million litres of 30 key raw materials annually by road tanker without any associated packaging
Selden have been instrumental in developing some of the most advanced cleaning chemicals available on the market. In an industry with ever-changing market trends, Selden boast a product range that can align with any market requirements.
If you would like to benefit from Selden’s extensive product range and expertise, please get in touch with your requirements and we can provide a solution. From concentrated housekeeping dosing systems to specialist industrial chemicals, Selden have the experience, the knowledge and the answer!
- Visit my chemical blog for advice, tips and solutions for using Selden chemicals
- Take a look at Selden’s impressive Environmental commitments