Q. How do you clean a safety floor (without a machine)
A. Follow these steps (with thanks to the advice and demonstrations from Julie at SYR Clean)
You will need;
- Mop bucket
- Big White or Syrsorb mop (the white, absorbent ones)
- Deck scrubber
- Floor squeegee
- Isolate a specific area to work in (don’t forget to put out your wet floor signs)
- Using the mop to spread the water across the designated area
- Take the deck scrubber and use a sweeping motion to agitate the floor
- Using the squeegee, work the squeegee towards you, tapping once at the end of each stroke (see video) to remove the collected dirty water
- Collect all the dirty water from your squeegee ‘tapping’ by squeegeeing it into one puddle
- Mop up the dirty water puddle
We recommend using a water based chemical with added water soluble solvent.
Selden’s Strongarm is fantastic on non-slip floors as it helps lift the dirt out of the microscopic pores in non-slip floors. Application is straight forward providing you are prepared to manually or mechanically scrub the floor and efficiently collect all the dirty water.
Check out our instructions here.
Got a technical question? Send it to email@example.com or just enter it below.
Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question. When in doubt – ASK!