People are awesome. However there are just some tasks that are better performed by machines.
The fact of the matter is that machines are designed with specific tasks in mind. Take scrubber driers (mechanical floor cleaning machine) as an example.
My case in point is mopping. Manual mopping is the obvious and only solution in many circumstances and with the massive range of mopping systems available today, there isn’t much a cleaner can’t handle.
BUT, large floor spaces are much better suited to machine cleaning. Why?
- Manual mopping takes more time (time + labour = money)
- Manual mopping will be mainly moving the dirt around the surface, not picking it up
- Manual mopping takes longer to dry thus leaving areas out of bounds for longer
- Wet floors are a major slip hazard
- Mopping may not achieve a deep clean due to lack of abrasion
Floor cleaning machines come in many different shapes and sizes. Some are mains powered, others run on long life gel batteries. Some machines are compact and nimble for small spaces, others are ride-on vehicles or push-along with traction drive.
Machines don’t have to be complicated or high maintenance. They are designed to be simple to use and along with a few basic maintenance procedures, machines will run and run.
Cost in use
The BIG issue is justifying the cost of a cleaning machine. Here are some benefits that may help in weighing up your decision if you’re thinking of switching from manual to machine labour;
- Machines are much more thorough and consistent in performing cleaning tasks = higher quality of cleaning
- A machine will clean a large area in much less time = saving you money on labour and getting more done in an hour
- Machines can be used on many different types of surfaces
- Machine cleaning reduces the frequency of cleaning (mopping everyday v machine cleaning every other day) = again saving you time and money
Purchasing a floor machine needs a consultative approach. There are so many variables to consider when procuring a machine that it’s best to request the services of a professional so you can understand your options and what suits your needs the best.
Numatic provide us with excellent support and offer thorough demonstrations on your site so you and your team can have a go and see it in action. This floor has been laboriously tended to by the humble mop and bucket for year. One strip with the machine and it was clear what the benefits were.
Give us a call on 01252 877200 if you’d like to enquire about machines or set up a demonstration.